Thursday 5 June 2014

You are my Sunshine


Here is a page I made using some of my kit from A Trip Down Memory Lane, and a beautiful Sunburst stencil from Tando and then some of the clay pieces I made with Baker Ross air dry clay and Martha Stewart molds.

I started with the Sunburst stencil and gesso, I was really lazy and didn't let the circles dry so I very carefully titled the stencil when I came to the bit where the 2 circles overlapped.  I layered my photos up and then balanced the photo matts with the title which is a Simple Stories card from their Charmed Life Papers, the yellow zig zag paper is from Simple Stories DIY shop.  I then added some more embellishments from the Charmed Life range (the black board paper is by MME) and made a little journal pocket behind the photo for the journalling.  I used some of the clay stars - I used a Martha Stewart mood and some of the white air dry clay from Baker Ross.  It's really easy to work with and you just push it into the mold and flatten the back, then carefully remove it and leave it to dry. I coloured the stars with some yellow mist, so they glimmer a bit too and scattered them around the page as well as adding one to a circle near the photo as a little embellishment.  

Now the story....well I got some beautiful flowers and chocolates for Mothers Day...and the box was obviously the right size to climb into!  

I am up today on the Tando blog too, so you can have a look at another page over there.






6 comments:

  1. Lovely page, so bright and sunny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst part of any project, for me, is waiting for something to dry!! As always a super page x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work, I've made cards for years, but scrap book pages throw me a bit, love your work and the vintage feel to it, retro seaside is a winner. Well done.

    Lauren
    www.thesecitydays.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work, I've made cards for years, but scrap book pages throw me a bit, love your work and the vintage feel to it, retro seaside is a winner. Well done.

    Lauren
    www.thesecitydays.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful positive happy page - so summery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha , super photo! Love your layers and those little stars look brilliant.
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails