Thursday 30 January 2014

The Doctor and Churchill



This weeks theme on the Tando blog is all about the men in our life.  

I used their chevron 'burning rubber' mask, which is 3 chevrons wide so I moved it up and lined it up and respritzed so that I could cover the whole of the centre of my page.  I used a mix of cosmic shimmer for the bright green and then tattered angels denim and walnut gold which are a little more subtle.  The papers are all from Marion Smiths Nirvana collection, she has loads of bits that you can cut out like little tags, journal spots, tickets - so I had great fun doing that and then distressing and inking my papers on the bigger pieces I layered up behind the photo.  I also used some Tando chipboard in the way of the cogs and key - for the cogs I used gelatos and some water to set them, and the key was just inked with distress ink.  The you and me would veneer is by prima as is the alphabet.

The picture is from one of the money raising activities at school when the children were invited to go in dressed as someone they liked/looked up to.  My kids choose their characters with little help from me, I obviously got involved in the dressing up part of it and got to make a sonic screwdriver using some of my gems :)







4 comments:

  1. Now that is a stunning page! Pinning for a scraplift if that's OK?
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I adore that layout, fabulous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet photo :) I like all your little cut out elements, they look perfect on the layout.
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails