Tuesday 8 October 2013

The Cutty Sark



We visited the Cutty Sark on a couple of occasional days last year, it is beautiful and I love that you can walk underneath the ship.  The boys loved a little game that you could play to see if you could sail your tea clipper from China to England faster than one of the Cutty Sark captains.

The papers are from ATDML and are all prima from the Devine and engraver collections.  I started the page with some white gesso scrapes, then a little paint dripping and stamping with a Tim Holtz map stamp.  I also had a go at making my own large polka dot stamp out of funky foam and printed lots of gold circles on vellum....I had a few problems with the gold ink smudging so I dusted it with some talc and that seemed to work!  I then distressed and layered up my papers adding a little washy tape.  I painted a Tando chipboard cloud and then sprinkled it with glitter before it had dried, I also covered the Tando compass with gold ink, then added some wrapped twine behind it and a little boat and prima wooden ticket.  I then added the title, using a mix of Simple Stories alphabet stickers and added a few gold sequins.





7 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page! Love all the bits of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, love the blue sky in the left one! A perfect match with the ink and great stamp work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super LO. You always amaze me with the amount of detail you manage to include whilst still retaining that 'white space' - fabulous.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout -- especially the large spatters in the background and the cool embellishment cluster. Great colors too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the details and texture! GREAT layout!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails