Wednesday 4 September 2013

Kites


This fortnights word at the studio challenges is 'Wings' so my page is based on something that flies....and it's kites, my kids never tire of playing with them on the beach or anywhere.

I'd been looking through lots of the CHA brochures choosing papers for my ATDML retreat classes, and saw the beautiful Maggie Holmes fabric frames, so I did something similar out of paper and a new memory box little bunting die, so that is where I started with the page.  The papers are all Maggie Holmes' range by Crate paper and the slide is from the ephemera pack  in that range.  I layered up the frames with squares and distressed and inked all of them.  I  also added some splatters of watered down gelatos and used their little circle printing tool too for the larger circles.  I added some Tando clouds, I applied a thick layer of gesso to these so that they looked a little puffy, the only circle is a Websters pages sticker and I used a Websters alphabet and woodgrain heart. 

There is lots more inspiration on the blog if you would like to join us here is a link and we are also having a DT call if you fancy joining us for the challenges a little more often here.






9 comments:

  1. What a super LO. I love all those layers and the frames are so effective - fabulous.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love kites and I love your layered page, too, Kat. Well done.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frames are greta aren't they-and you've used them so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVING how you layered the frames! FABULOUS layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really love the way you have layered all the frames :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, the frames are fantastic & the sky is so blue in the photos - beautiful.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot tell you how much I adore this page! LOVE the layers and layers of sharp lines with all those fabulous frames, and the palette is so soothing! What a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stunning .... Oohh I do wants those frames lol. You're layering is just amazing. So so wish I was closer and could go to some of your classes

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails