Thursday 18 July 2013

Printers Tray with Tando and BoBunny


Can you believe it this is my 1st printers tray!  It is a beautiful frame of chipboard created by Tando, and it comes in layers, so it isn't really deep but just the perfect size for a few embellishments.  I made this for my husband for Fathers Day and I used BoBunny's Forever Fall collection as I loved the turquoise and orange combination.

I started by covering the back board with some of the turquoise BoBunny paper, I then covered the front sheet of chipboard with gesso, dried it, added cosmic shimmer mists in blues, reds and orange, then dried those too.  I then went to work on the little windows, filling 2 with some favourite photos of  our children, then added banners, keys, lace, some clay flowers I had made as well as using my Spellbinders ironworks die to create the doily.  I also made some bunting using my sewing machine and small triangles from the papers.  The alphabet is by October Afternoon but I inked and doodled on it so it looks a little different now.  I covered some Tando butterflies in paper, sanding the edges and inking them, then I drew on the patterns with my gel pen and added a trail of pearls from the larger one.  A few sequins and shells and bling....and just about there.  The tray also comes with a little stand which I just inked brown with some distress ink.


8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project, Sutty. I love it.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fabulous Katherine. I absolutely love those tando trays - they are just so dinky and easy to work with and the colours in this are right up my street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely stunning! love it. Happy scrapping, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've always loved these printers tray's and seeing your beautiful one makes me think that i would enjoy doing one x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning choice of colours and embellies. Those phtos of your children are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe that is your first printers tray Kat, it's utterly utterly gorgeous, I love the colours and the bright summery feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your printer tray is really gorgeous Katherine !!! And the photos of your kids are so lovely !.. Happy week-end, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely bright colours - beautifully done.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails