Monday 8 July 2013

Love this Boy and the twine challenge





Hello on a sunny morning and here is my page for this fortnights challenge over at the Studio Challenge blog, and the challenge is twine!  My Mum and I split a pack of American Crafts twine that we came across in TK Maxx and it was perfect for this challenge as there are so many colours.  So the twine on the page, I often use twine to wrap around things, so I wrapped the hearts in twine and then with little glue lines hung the hearts from my photo.  I did also make some twine flowers which will have to appear on another page as despite having me in the photo, so fully justified on having a few flowers on the page....they just didn't go!

The page is a mix of American Crafts Dear Lizzy and also Amy Tangerine's Yes Please collection, I layered up lots of different size papers and inked, stitched and distressed them.  I am also enjoying using vellum on my pages again - funny those loops in scrapping, I embossed it with my cuttlebug swiss dots folder (one of my go to embossing folders) and added that as another layer.  Nearly forgot the start of this page, so I used some texture paste and Tando's Random circle mask, which I let dry.  Then in my experimenting I added some gesso over the top with a palette knife, let it dry....then the chalk inks - I discovered this on Ingvlid Bloms blog, just using coloured chalk inks over gesso to make a cloudy sort of pattern...so easy and beautiful, so I went around the edge of the mask over the gesso with different colours I had pulled from the papers.  Next in an art journally style I stamped with the AC acyrlic grid stamp, doing the rolling stamp thing.  Then a little stamping with some very old Autumn Leaves flourish stamps, and then all the papers and hearts and twine.  I also cut out one of the Dear Lizzy mason jars and filled it with sequins, used some Teresa Collins word stamps and my new smash date stamp.

The photo is from our holiday back in half term, just near a climbing wall - I had a play overexposing it on the computer and making it black and white, and really like the way it turned out.



21 comments:

  1. See you've been out with the spritzes again. Great layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a gorgeous page - loving the hearts and twine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoo - this page is lush! I love love love the colours and the twine hearts and who'd not love a jar full of sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout. I love the pretty colors andthe texture. The swirls really draw me in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowee, love your twine wrapped hearts and how you embellished the mason jar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. The little mason jar is a nice touch and those hearts are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an awesome page! luvin all the details on the page! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page! Love your background and the jar of sparkly sequins. The twine wrapped hearts are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sequins in the little jar is my favorite detail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. embossed vellum....hmmm....sure I have some vellum, somewhere! And I like the twine on the hearts and the way you have 'hung' them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, love the colors and the hearts with the twine :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun page! I really like the look of the hearts wrapped in twine and that mason jar filled with sequins is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww that's a lovely photo and a fantastic layout. Love how you've used all the twine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So adorable - love your "sweetie jar" and those dangling hearts - gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. My fave bit is the Dear Lizzy jar full of colourful things to add delight to the page :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute layout. Lots and lots of lovely details. I really like how you hung the hearts from your photo frame - very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the bright colors with the black and white pic. The hearts with twine are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Kat, amazing photo, amazing colours, amazing layout - Enough said - love it as always!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so gorgeous! I love the masking on the background (I'm going to have to try and get the random circles mask), and the colours are sublime. The twine around the hearts with a button on top is perfect, and I like the collection of sequins in the jar! Pinned for future reference! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE the twine around the hearts, so fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails