Tuesday 23 July 2013

Always Performing


Well after a small computer 'ahh is it going to work again' it is all fixed and I am back to the world of blogging (and it was one of those computer things where nothing much had to be done so maybe it was dust or something just wasn't quite clipped in well enough but it did manage to make it un-useable!)

Here is my page for this fortnights Studio Challenge which uses a sketch by Val Mangan based on one of Chantelles pages - I do have several of these photos in different poses, so I could make a double page of it, but 2 is perhaps enough! :)  I used lots of Crate Papers DIY shop, a bit of layering and stitching and my favourite viewfinder (is that the word for it) die cut - I did save the other half!  I am really trying to use the things I stroke more....like the polaroid die-cut from Studio Calico too.  I'm loving little glassine envelopes for the journal pocket behind the photo at the moment, and I bought some new doilies in Waitrose (you can just about see it) and I inked it with Tea Dye distress ink, a scattering of sequins, then a mix of alphas from American Crafts and Carta Bella, the writing on the the Carta Bella stickers was white and didn't stand out enough against my page so I went around the edge with a black gel pen - I really like the hand made look that gives to it too.

Here is a link to lots more inspiration over at the Studio Blog and I hope you all have a super day.

Also I have a post up over at Created by ATDML looking at stamping a bit more on pages - here is the link.



10 comments:

  1. Great page! I love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So much fun and the details are so sweet! The view finder die cut is perfect, I understand you saved the other half! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout, I love that viewfinder die too (though I don't have it, I must do something about that!). As I write this it's popped into my head that they used to be called Viewmaster though I'm not sure. I feel a visit to Google coming on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the detail -- the sequins really pull the eye into the page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely page, that wood plank background is just perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the frame overlaps the photo a bit, and all the scattered sequins are lovely. Great photos too! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the added extras on your page Kat, all utterly gorgeous and the photos are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout - and I adore the one you've got over at ATDML at the moment - sensational textures and layering and inking.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Love the fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout, your latest projects are amazing,I love the printers tray especially x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails