Friday 19 April 2013

More Glitz and the Olympic Flames







You'll notice a theme to the Glitz pages I created for the ATDML gallery....the rediscovery of my Olympic photos.  We were lucky to get some tickets for the para-olympics last year and saw some amazing sport and loved the whole olympic experience.  One of the most beautiful pieces of artwork at the Olympics was the cauldron of fire, I loved how lots of different representatives brought in the copper bowls and then these were attached to sticks and raised up, then set on fire, so when we were in the stadium we took a few shots.

My page uses the Yours Truly range from Glitz, I used the floral sheet to back my cardstock (and I gutted the middle), then layered up a few more sheets behind the photo - distressing the edges.  I had a go at making some peeping lace down one edge, you wet the edge of the page where you want the dip in and gently push the paper down, I backed it with some lace and added a button.  Lots of stitching around the edges of all my sheets, then a pile of prima flowers and some prima swirls....and lots of sequins - which did take me a while to stick down!  The title is a mix of some Simple Stories and K and Co.




10 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous photo! I love the spray of sequins. Fun layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, Sutty! Loving all the sequins! What fun!
    Jasmine
    alittledabofglue.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sequins, great layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't scrapped our Olympic visit yet, so I'm really impressed you've done yours. Oh I'm so loving the sequins, that's something I've got to try

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the small details on this....the lace, the stitching, the torn edge and especially the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love everything about your page, especially the sequins, amd the photo is fabulous.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. great design~love the side of the paper torn like that~super cool look!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout Katherine x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails