Tuesday 12 March 2013

Things to do when it rains!



 Morning everyone, I have been busy working on pages for different projects as well as lots of work and been neglecting my blog a bit...but today is my 'trends' post over on the Made by ATDML blog and I realised that I hadn't shared my page from the last one.

The papers are a mix of Pink Paislee's Portfolio and then some Echo Park Everyday Eclectic and MME in there too so it is a complete mix of manufacturers.  I wanted to have a play with some of the new Glitz roller stamps - I have the chevron and camera one at the moment (notice I say at the moment...there may be more :)).  I love the ombreish effect you get as you roller and the ink fades, so on this page I used my chevron roller as one of the borders at the edge of the page and then with yellow ink to make an arrow (larger ink pads are easier to roller on - the yellow one was a cats eye size pad and that took a while!).  I added a strip of the camera stamp down the side of the photo and then used it to make my wood veneer camera embellishment.  I created a little background with lots of the cameras on and then punched out a circle, wrapped some twine around it and added a Studio Calico camera.

So on to the photo - this was our very wet holiday on the Isle of Wight last year, on one of the nicer days (slightly drier) we went to a country fair and my son had a go in the lucky dip and won a set of animals....so when it started raining again it was back to the tent and have a play with the new goodies - kept him occupied for a while....also Pit - super game, though noisy but a great crowd pleaser on a wet day :)

Here is the link to todays post over on the ATDML blog and if you want to check out my roller post from a couple of weeks back here is a link to that.




10 comments:

  1. I like the cameras are the little ones a stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget your leibster award

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page. I have the roller stamp with the cameras to and I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colour combination as always Katherine:) I have bad memories of the IOW....bit I'm glad apart from the rain you enjoyed yours:) Ours included mice, a broken car and an awkward toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those cute little cameras are lovely. Gorgeous page x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!
    Love your camera cluster embellishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh fabulous page Kat, liking the usage of two photos on this one, really works well and great colour scheme too! Was reading a magazine last night and flicking through and spotted one of your pages, I'm sat there telling hubby - I know Kat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super layout...love all the different camera elements and cluster of layers x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute layout! Love all the cameras :)

    Thanks for always leaving such sweet comment on my blog, I really appreciate it!
    Oh, and the chevron background design I used on my layout is this: http://www.silhouetteonlinestore.com/?page=view-shape&id=25430 It's such a fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout Sutty!! Always awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails