Monday 14 January 2013

Tando Arches Blog Hop


Welcome to Tando's blog hop and the focus is Arches.  You should have arrived from Carol - (who is also the start of the hop) and end up on the Tando blog.

I started my project by making a cardboard background for the arch and I painted them all in white gesso.  I then spritzed them a little with some walnut glimmer mist and I used some texture paint and a brick mask on the cardboard backing too.  Once that was all dry I used the floral arrangement from my Kaisercraft Christmas stamps to go around the frame in gold ink, I then went around the edge with tea dye distress ink too.  For the base I used my American Crafts chaps grid stamp and some grey ink - using one of the art journalling techniques where you don't mount your acrylic stamp on the block but curve it and make an impression.  I then started with the flowers and metal embellishments.  The lamp is prima, and I added another metal embellishment which I coated in paint and a little glitter.  The sentiment is from some Kaisercraft rub ons, the finishing touches were some glitter and liquid pearl dots.

So next on your hop is Kaz




13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful I love the shape but the detail is exquisite

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is superb!! i love how you have given the brick work dimension with the paste. the sentiment is lovely and the whole creation beautiful Thanks for sharing. this is my first blog hop!1
    Carol Tadden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch out Carol, before you know it, blog hops are all that you do :-) It's so great to get several different people's take on a project idea.

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful Katherine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's utterly gorgeous hun, loving the sentiment and the colours - simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful arch! I love the finish on the chipboard. Great idea to add paint and glitter to metal embellies! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Katherine, love the quote! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a delightful project - love the elegant pastels, and the flowers are lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really do need to get stamps or rub ons with sentiments and phrases, as they really finish off alot of projects so well. This would be a fantastic gift to give to a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely project. I love that lamp peeking up over the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Katharine! I love how you made this is serene and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh this is gorgeous! It would be so lovely to receive such a beautiful gift xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails