Monday 21 January 2013

No Fear



Here is this months sketch challenge over at the studio it is based on one of Amanda Jones' papers and the sketch is by Val Mangan

I love the colours in October Afternoons Midway papers and apart from some MME washi tape, Studio Calico wood veneer and journalling card and some cream buttons it is all from that paper pack.  On Amanda's page lots of the rectangles have curves taken out of them, the way that I did that with my papers was to use a large flower punch and just one of the petals to make the curve.  I layered up lots of the different papers - using both sides of them, and made my own polaroid frame with the OA stickers and a wood veneer - I echoed this with my photo too, a little stapling and some flicks of cosmic shimmer interspersed with sequins and there you go.

Yes I am still scrapping Disney photos.....we have lots more to go!  This page is especially for my husband who LOVES roller coasters - I am not so keen, tho have discovered that they are not as scary the 2nd time around on the most part (I didn't do this coaster - I prefer the ones with lower height restrictions...no more than a 10 year old childs height!).  Sea World has some of the bigger rides for us as we mostly stuck to Disney so he had to go on their 2 massive coasters, this one is called Manta where you have the joys of being dangled facing the ground as you soar up the track to then be spun around in all directions - he had no fear and loved these rides.

If you would like to join us and enter this month then here is the link.





9 comments:

  1. oh my Kat, this is the one roller coaster that none of us went on!! Not that I go on them anyway! all that face down business not good!! Super page to mark the occassion. I've got the Kraken photos to scrap next x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's got such a fun feel to this layout, you've captured it so well

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous!!! Love your layout!!!!!!! I would love to ride that roller coaster! I love them so much!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great page love the colour combinations its really fun. I don't know about No Fear it looks terrifying

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly does have that 'fun' feel to it - great layout x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all your scattering of sequins on such a fun page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun layout and great use of the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful strong page ♥ love the title

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails