Wednesday 3 October 2012

Who shall I get next?


I love this photo from the summer, we are in my brothers garden and the kids are having a water fight.  My son has his cousins cup and is just weighing up who he should throw water over next!  I love the photo and the sun on the side of his face.

I used October Afternoons 9 to 5 and Cakewalk collections for this page which I made for the gallery over at ATDML.  I started the page with a starburst pattern - it is really hard to see on the photo as I stitched in red (I'd seen a similar effect on a white page on pinterest :)) so it stands out more when you see the page in real life - but not in photos!  I then used lots of offcuts and small bits of paper to layer behind the photo.  There is lace, I punched out a strip with my Martha Stewart doily lace punch and then used the waste to sprinkle on the page too.  The journalling is behind the photo - I made my own tab out of paper offcuts (I really like doing this as it is so easy) and you can see the string stapled to it so it can be pulled out.  The title is a mix of Girls Paperie and October Afternoon, then a few splatters of white acrylic and there you go.






17 comments:

  1. You can see the mischief all over his face, lol! Great page :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you framed your photo. Fun colorful page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh- i just totally love the title on this layout! it is just so perfect!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very colourful and love all the stitching over the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page. I love all the photo matting and layering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sprinkling of paint adds the perfect "water fight touch"

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the perfect "boy" page-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super, super cute and great photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the starburst stitching and wouldn't have noticed from your top photo. such a great photo and title x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool page! Love the subtle starburst!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A ray of sunshine on a cool day. *Ü* Thank you for sharing your talents Kat. I love to see your layouts. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this page, especially the buttons & heart pin embellishment.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the patterned paper layering on this LO xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great! How wonderful to see someone using coloured card stock - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a great page,I love the photo!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails