Wednesday 17 October 2012

Conquering Everest


This weeks theme on the Tando Creative blog is things that fly....so it was the perfect excuse to use the clouds and hot air balloons that they stock.  I used one of the clouds to make a stencil and painted thick layers of gesso through it.  I also managed to create my own clouds on my silhouette by just welding circles together, and die cut lots of them out of some Studio Calico and My Minds Eye papers.

Once the clouds were stuck down I added some swirls of stitching, which were easier to do than I thought, then added some Teresa Collins acetate behind my 2 photos - the one of the rollercoaster you can see has my husband and son on it (yes I did take lots of photos of people we didn't know going down on that roller coaster too.....so it was a hunt for the right photo :)).  I tucked an Elles Studio tag behind the photo for the journalling and then added some of the chipboard clouds which I had liberally covered in acrylic paint at either side of the photos, and an Amy Tangerine sticker.  I used my cuttlebug to emboss the Hot Air Balloon using the swiss dots embossing folder, I then covered it in the Peacock Cosmic Shimmer mist, adding 5 strips of string and a button to the balloon.  The last few additions was a wood veneer (studio calico), some prima and MME alphabet and Crate Paper stickers.  So I think I have really mixed up my kit on this page and covered lots of manufacturers which I don't often do to this extent!







23 comments:

  1. Oh Kat that's beautiful, I love the mix of the background paper and the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable - I love all the different levels and textures and the sewing is just the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab Lo & like how you've added some sewing to you lo. excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! loving all those clouds! just totally perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the clouds and hot air balloon. It all looks great on that wood background. Awesome page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun layout! The photos are awesome. I love the woodgrain background and all the stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS page!! Love the movement you created with the clouds & stitching <3 Definitely a fan of woodgrain :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful page! LOVE the clouds you cut and those great stitched swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I adore all of the little clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love what you did with the clouds and hot air balloon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow that page is fab-u-lous! Must pop over to Tando to look for the clouds and balloons. Thanks for popping by my blog earlier. Happy Wednesday. :o)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a FAB page! That balloon is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great page, love the clouds so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So loving all those clouds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The clouds, the stitching and the gorgeous shimmery hot air balloon, make this layout rock!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow Kat - I love all those clouds. It is a lovely dreamy layout - mind you the roller coaster made my stomach turn :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this!So much to see and I love the hot air balloon.I really want to touch the page!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love what you've done with the hot air balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a wonderful layout. I love the stitching with the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful work... so artistic & tactile!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this is beautiful! I really love those colors. And you are brave! Once I was an adult roller coasters terrified me. Somehow I lived through them as a teen though.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous layout... the stitching across the wonderful cloudscape is a brilliant touch and I love the balloon!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this page, the clouds are just fab.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails