Monday 24 September 2012

VW Camper Van




Welcome to the Tando blog hop, if you've just happened upon it here then you can start here and there is some Tando goodness on offer if you leave a comment on all of our blogs :)

The focus for today is mask, and I used 2 Tando masks for this one - the Random circles which I covered in mushroom paint, and then the Sequin Waste mask which I used with my new texture paste...I love how deep the texture is with it.  I started with the masks, and added some misting and a few splatters of ink.  I then started layering up the papers - these are from Basic Greys Shine On Collection.  I distressed, stitched and inked all the pieces and my photo.  I then cut out some of the circles with my circle punch and hand cut the smaller ones and added them to the page -with more stitching.  A few buts of washy tape and a brad, with the title (which I hand drew the stitching on) and I was done.

I really enjoyed making this page as I normally start with an idea in mind (which can have been floating in my head for ages) and this one I started with the products I wanted to use and then the photo.....and just went with it, kept adding more until I was happy.  Do you ever do that or do you start with an idea/sketch in your head 1st?

For the next stop on your hop please visit the wonderful Irit to see her mask inspiration - here is the link

Here is a list of all the links in case you get lost along the way.

>>>>>> You are here>>>>Katherine





38 comments:

  1. Wow what a stunning layout. I love your use of circles it works just great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the elements on this - make you want to feel it - fab as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout, absolutely stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous LO Katherine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do start with an idea but it usually ends up completely different haha! This is a lovely use of the masks Katherine....fabulous layout! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two of my favourite Tando masks here! I love how the smaller circles complement the larger ones. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout. I love the mask in the background and the random circle embellishments you added. Fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous layout with wonderful details.
    I especially like the stitched and masked circles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous page and the layout is great.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of stencil and paste and I just LOVE the sewing here!!! What a lovely LO!!!

    Greetings,
    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this layout, and I love how you used the circle mask!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this layout Katherine! Fabulous design. I really love the way you used the masks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific layout. The misting really adds to the backgound interest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous. Love the masks and all the texture. I've given up on pictures in my head as invariably the finished product is always a million miles away, so now I just go with the flow

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great layout, I love the random circles mask placed at an angle like that under the photo - looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this-the circles and the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...all of these projects in this hop are just stunning and right up my alley!! Love the texture paint....I love using it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning LO great use of the masks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. everyone's process is different i image. I always start with a photo....and take it from there. The mask looks fab...such a gorgeous page x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a super LO - I love all the texture that you have created.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this layout.I love the masking and in particular the texture paint.Great result!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a gorgeous! I so love crisp white backgrounds with a touch of misting/masking and then pops of color on the rest of your layout. The layered circles and your stitching are fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow love the colors on the white backgrounds and the different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just gorgeous - I love your use of the space, with such gorgeous stencilling and spritzing across the crisp white background! Gorgeous photos, with those wonderful mats, and great embellishing... basically, wow!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am loving all the texture here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, an absolutely stunning layout Katherine. What a fab use of the masks. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just wow! I love all the texture on your page and of course the VeeDub!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the circles and stitched details. Fab page. Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi, lovely use of those masks. Usually I gather a few things together that look nice and then stare at them a bit awaiting inspiration. If nothing happens I always find a nice cup of tea is a good idea. Inspiration strikes at the strangest times but rarely when I expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's a great layout! love the layering and the use of the mask!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great texture. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  32. i love this layout and i love that mask too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So much texture and colours and my favourite a VW Camper :)
    Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the colours and texture you have achieved on this beautiful layout and I love VW Campers lol

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails