Monday 6 August 2012

The Needles


The challenge over the Studio for the next fortnight is to try and new technique on a page.  I love trying new things, and was browsing through the pages of Scrap365 and saw a page in the gallery where someone had used drips of alcohol ink on acetate....and I have some alcohol inks but haven't really used them, so I dug them out.  I created a wash effect with my paintbrush and the inks and a bit of thiner on some acetate, I then added some drops of blue and it made these beautiful drips...so easy.  I decided to keep the page quite minimal as I didn't want to detract too much from the alcohol ink!  I cut around the piece of acetate, and just added a few circles of paper from Fancy Pants In Love collection and Authentique and there is a dictionary page circle in there.  I made a small banner with some of the lovely Lily Bee Buttercip papers, and stuck some small punched hearts.  The title I created on my silhouette using the Ali Edwards handwriting font.

The photo is from our recent trip to the Isle of Wight....and doesn't show how windy and wet it was!!!  I have a picture of me and the kids stood infront of the needles too which I will have to scrap - that one shows us looking windswept!

If you would like to join us and see all the other amazing creations then click here



13 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout Kate, so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooo i like! Love that you cut the acetate to the shape . You're you can't see it was windy - just lovely and sunny - great page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so very cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! You did great with the new technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great layout, I love the colors and the alcohol ink is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I work with a lady from the IOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful effect and azure blue shade. Really sets the photo off, lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super photo and layout, with just the right amount of embellishing. Love the overall effect. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The ink is wonderful, its like an extension of the sea and sky from the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your page has a lovely fresh feel to it, the blue looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great page Sutty. Love the way you have used the alcohol inks.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails