Friday 10 August 2012

Tags


I made some tags for the Tando Creative blog this week, at my local craft group we have taken to exchanging tags/toppers instead of ATCs so we can use them on cards or pages.  I loved making these and getting all inky and messy as usual (that blue cosmic shimmer mist stays on my hands for a little while :))

So the first one - I used my Tim Holtz mini stamps for the quote, and a piece of old map, torn dictionary page, my AC Chaps chevron stamp, some garden twine and the Tando Compass.  I covered it in gold ink and then shook silver embossing powder across the top as sometimes you get some really lovely colour combinations when you use a coloured ink....I discovered this by accident when I made a UTEE frame.  I also added some more gold over the top to give the compass it's dull golden feel.

The next is one of my favourite chipboard pieces....which will appear on a page soon - hot air balloons.  I used a clear embossing powder and AC Chaps grid stamp to create the resist and then I spritzed it with green cosmic shimmer, and inked around the edge with some brown distress ink.  I also tied some garden twine.  The background is the Tando Harlequin mask and I used red and orange glimmer mist, then layered up some simple stories papers, more dictionary and I used my simple stories yearology stamps.  The quote was from a stamp I borrowed at the aforementioned craft group....but I can't remember who made it!

The last tag is actually a kraft tag, I started with the Tando sequin waste mask, and some deep blue cosmic shimmer mist, but it didn't look right so I spritzed a lighter blue mist over the top, and was pleasantly surprised by the subtle effect.  I then painted some of the chipboard stars in yellow and sprinkled glitter over the top.  I stamped out my title and put some sequin waste on too.

There is loads of great inspiration over on the blog so here is the link.




6 comments:

  1. Fabulous stuff Katherine, it's fun how these mini embellishments can really make a massive difference to a page and they are totally unique to the maker - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tags!! love all the details on them

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic! I find it's so much easier to use some of these artsy techniques on the smaller canvas of a tag. Love that you are swapping them. I haven't done a swap in a long time. They are fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tags, I can see the appeal to receive one of these:) Yes, the blue does tend to stain I'm site people wonder what I have been doing when j go put with stained hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came here from Tando - great tags, and so many other wonderful projects on your blog too... I'm signing up!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails