Sunday 3 June 2012

Ready to Explore




Over at the Studio blog this month the challenge is to use vintage things on your page, and we have been joined by some of the Queens of Vintageness - with some of the Jenni  Bowlin designers, and there are Jenni Bowlin goodies up to win.

For my page I used an old photo (which I guess is a little vintage - tho I don't feel too old :)), some old dictionary page and a couple of mother of pearl buttons from my grandmas button collection.  I also used a modern vintage October Afternoon home flash card too.  I really struggled with this page, and this is the 2nd incarnation of it....I actually took the 1st one to pieces as I wanted to use the photo....it just wasn't working.  So this is what I came up with in the end, the papers I used are Crate Papers Pretty Party range, lots of layering stitching of paper and then a glassine envelope and a journal tag behind the photo.  I used a few of the stickers from the range, and also my favourite EK success punch for the tabs at the bottom and top.  Some flicks of a really lemony yellow glimmer mist to  the corners was my final touch.





13 comments:

  1. Very pretty layout - I love all the vintage embellishments and the great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty, love the tones in the page.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, LOVE the picture :) The curly hair is too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the mix of old and new!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous layout - that is a great challenge...I think I may have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great LO, I love how cleverly you've used colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummm - love those colours- adorable piccy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ziny lemon how fresh and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cute - I love how it's vintagey but still fresh and light. I partcularly love the fragment of old book page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely layout. It's a joy seeing old photos

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails