Monday 14 May 2012

Game On



I recently picked up a pack of the This and That charming collection by Echo Park - I had been on the blog hop and see sooo many beautiful projects that I had to get some!  The photos are from our trip to Tower Bridge (I know more) and they had some traditional games spread out along the walk ways which my kids loved having goes on.  I tried to make my page into a kind of pin board with the twine and clips, and went for a 4 areas kind of page.

I started with working out what bits of paper I wanted to use and how big they were, then used this to work out where I wanted the paint to go (which is watered down gesso).  I dry brushed some lines behind the photo matts and added some flicks of watered down gesso in both corners.  Once that was all dry I started sticking down my paper layers which I inked, stitched and distressed.  I also added a glassine bag with a spot for some more journalling.  Next I made the tabs for each corner - the bottom one was done using the EK Success abstract punch....I meant to cut out some little circular doilies with it, but got my measurements wrong, but still like the result so incorporated it into my page.  For the top one I added one of the postage stamp stickers that comes in the kit.  I made some banners and added some more bits of paper, and some of the offcuts from one of the border stickers.  I used another one of my paper chase arrow paperclips too.  Once that was all done I added the jillibean title with the green EP stickers, and then started my trail of twine across the page, wrapping it around brads as I went.  I added a bit of journalling on the page to fill one of my 1/4s too.






19 comments:

  1. Great LO, I love how you've used the twine. There is also so much great detail that lets you see something new with repeat viewings, which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your LOs are lovely - very inspirational :) I love how your inky splodges look like art whereas mine just look like the cat knocked over my paint !! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kat that's gorgeous, I love it when a day out leads to lots and lots and lots of photos, because by doing multiple layouts you get to see what an awesome time you had! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like no you show the details of your layouts ... Very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous LO design Sutty!! Love the way you used the twine!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design, love how the twine draws your eye down the page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great idea with the twine. That paper is indeed fab and so versatile :) What happy photos, Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun page! Love how you used the twine to take the eye from spot to spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool design!
    And I love that you used your handwriting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it.I just love the twine and the interactive feel to it.It's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved using this paper range too. Fantastic layout Kat and I love how you've used the twine to lead the eye down the page xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous layout.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the way the twine directs the eye! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Katharine, this is a stunning piece. That flow of twine really draws the eye through your design. I especially enjoy that ittle cluster of pennants. You are, as usual, a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO loving this! The twine is completely perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving all the little details on your layout. I love seeing them there is always lots to see.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails