Wednesday 5 October 2011

You are a Star


I had a go at an inky LO of my eldest, this is shot from a while back when he met up with his cousins and played in the local woods.  He is a star - he is thoughtful and considerate, he looks after his younger cousins really well, he always wants to do what is right (even if he is cross about and doing it he needs to do the right thing for himself as much as everyone else).  So on that basis the LO has quite a lot of stars on it - I die cut them using a cuttlebug die and then lightly attached them to the page and spritzed with cosmic shimmer mist, and I flicked a few drops over too, then I added some gesso stars too, using the same templates and spreading gesso over them.  Lastly I stitched around a few too.  

The papers are prima's pixie glen range, which are soft blues and pinks - they have a patterned side but on the other are smaller 6 by 6 squares and journal blocks and strips, so I cut out several pieces from the B side.  I inked and ruffled the pieces, made a fan folded strip of paper and punched some....and did a laced section.  The flowers I made using the rose tutorial out of some of the mulberry printed papers in the range, the chipboard swirl is by tando and I ruffley painted it with white acrylic.  I also used some fabric resist pieces again from prima - the bird, clock and heart and inked them with distress ink.  I also tucked in a pin and a metal frame.  The alphabet is an authentique mini and some more of my pink paislee distressables - I'm loving them at the moment as you can make them any colour you like, I inked it darker at the bottom just to try a different effect with them.  Finally I added some little bits of liquid pearl and some mini star buttons, lace and crystal decorations of my sisters wedding cake!





28 comments:

  1. Great LO! I love it!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - you add so much detail to your LO, wish I could see inside your head! How do you know when to stop? or is it all planned before you start?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this hkas to be one of my favs ... I adore all the textures

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous layout, I love everything about it, the stars, the flowers, the colours...fab! Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the elements. TFS!

    Aloha,
    Dena
    http://missdjones.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is beautiful.. love how it turned out.. love the soft soft blue.. it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Love the stitched stars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout! Love that you used flowers on a masculine page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome layout! I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! So pretty but boyish at the same time!! And love the stitched stars!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous layout, Love those colours.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like your son has star qualities! stunning layout - love the colour pallet and all the detail xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the soft colours and the shabby chic style :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yet another amazingly wonderful creation! I really do admire how you can use flowers and swirls, and yet this is still a very 'boy', masculine, layout.
    Just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yet another amazing creation! I love how you can use flowers and swirls, and yet this is still a very 'boy', masculine, layout.
    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another gorgeous layout! Cute kid too! :) Love all the details and of course I love the stitched stars! That's my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the layers and the stitching! Wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow this is gorgeous - it looks like a digital layout at first (I always sit in amazement at digi layouts and wonder how they've achieved them and then realise they are on a computer screen and not 'real') yours however looks as awesome as a digi layout but is Real!!! Simply beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous page, loving the shades of blue that you have used

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sweetie - thank you for the comments on my blog about the pink book the instructions can be found here -

    http://scraphappenshere.blogspot.com/2009/06/instructions-for-organiser.html

    It's a great mini book to make!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG i just LOOOOVE your blog, my first visit, but NOT my last... You are SOOOOOO talented. Thank you so much for sharing xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow super stunning!
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the colours and paint :) Great papers, flowers and that title alpha is great. The stitching around the stars is such a fab touch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the soft look you achieved especially for a boy layout.

    ReplyDelete
  25. a fabby inky but subtle LO :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails