Thursday 1 September 2011

September Kit Pages - Son Shine


This LO is a shot of my DS on the beach on holiday - complete in all his sun gear and new hat....so I called it Son Shine made from the goodies in the Scrap Rat September Kit... it's packed with goodies ( my favourite kit yet) - My Minds Eye, Pink Paislee, Echo Park, Authentique and those vintage bits.  If you need some inspiration then check out the Design Team Gallery, I am going to post my pages over the next few days so that I can give you a bit more detail about what I did with all those goodies (and so it isn't the most mammoth post!)

For the LO I used some of the Sunshine MME paper as the base, and layered up a couple of the echo park pieces of paper...they were white and grey so to warm them up I coloured them all over in tea dye distress ink (this is what I also used to colour the title - just rub it over and the white resist on all the letters shows up).  I used my Martha Stewart doily edge lace punch down the edge of these 2 pieces of paper and ruffled and stitched them, I also added some of the trim inked with tea dye distress ink behind the punched pieces.  For the photo I used the MME Acetate overlay which I stuck in the corners with 4 dots of clear glue.  I also inked and tore some of the manuscript paper and added this behind the papers and the gold backed playing card.  Next I started to plan my stitched swirls and I lightly drew them on in pencil and then pin pricked the holes, rubbed out the pencil and stitched the swirls.  I made a flower out of the mistables trims and painted on some brown tea dye (just used a paint brush a little tea dye ink on my mat and some water).  I stitched it into a flower and added some watered down stickles and a brad with some punched flowers for the centre.  I added a couple more bits of stitching, one to the manuscript paper and some cross stitches to the trim.  I made a coffee stain using a glass and some distress ink in the top corner of the page, and then some Martha Stewart butterflies which I layered and stitched down the middle.  Hope you enjoyed that :)





15 comments:

  1. Your layout is absolutely gorgeous. I love you eye for detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! Love the torn papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout! I wouldn't typically think to use those products for a boy, but you did a great job! Very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your layouts are always so full of small detail. love it, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful layout. I'd love to see a tut on exactly how you painted the mistables with the ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful LO - love those PPs.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous layout, love the colours.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love this. I have that paper...might just have to get it out this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely LO, so untypical and the photo of your son is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layout is wonderful! The flower and the word Son are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Wonderful layering, love all your elements!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful layout. The layering really makes the whole effect so interesting to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you were right! These truly are gorgeous papers and you have made some beautiful layouts! I love your butterflies and the flower!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails