Saturday 17 September 2011

I did get in the sea


This is my proof that I do occasionally go in the sea....it has to be hot for me to get in the sea, and I love body boarding too.  I used the August quirky kit for this page, and had a play with my new gesso and a new spellbinders rose die too.  I started by using a prima mask with the gesso, I made me own piece of card and used it to scrape and paste the gesso on the mask, I then layered up my pieces of paper.  The papers are mostly sassafrass sunshine broadcast, American crafts peachy keen and the text is GCD studio soul food.  I also added in a section of doily, the ribbon came in the kit and I cut this in half and layered it up as it is really thick.  My new purchase was the spellbinders rose die and I had seen a tutorial over on such a pretty mess that I had to have a go at.  I made the flowers out of some of the American crafts paper and manuscript paper, and then added a twine swirl to it all and sponged on some bits of gesso.  Here are some close ups.




15 comments:

  1. Oh Sweetie this is gorgeous (as always) such lovely pinks in your layout. The flowers are fabulous - finally posted on the Urban Faeries thread but there only seems to be me and you on it at the moment - what shall we do?

    Hope you have a great family weekend

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you are having fun in the photo. Pretty flowers and love the use of gesso and doily. Gesso is one of my top 5 products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A rare layout with you in it!!! It is lovely. I really love the lace and flowers. The gesso looks great on this layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me want to try the gesso techique. Great LO

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has to be scorching and the beach deserted before I go in the sea!!! Lol
    Fabulous page sutty, love the new rose die in action :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors! So fun....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your gesso technique. I love going in the sea although it doesn't happen often. thank you for visiting my blog.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous LO Sutty, love those colours and papers. Guess what I'm of to do...look at the tutorial for those beautiful flowers, they're lovely, think that rose die may have to be a new purchase soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty in pink!! Totally gorgeous and i love the texture the mask has given xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the technique! The colors and flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really yum, love your layouts they're all so touchy/feely!
    Glad you're enjoying the kit. xx Leo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous layout! Love all the layers and am a sucker for those pastel colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very pretty. Love the pink. Great layout.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails