Monday 22 August 2011

Nestled in the Woods


Here is my first page using my grab box stash, this is a shot of my youngest in some woods near his grandparents house....of course up a tree :)  I liked the nature elements of the prima paper and the colours seemed to fit well with the picture....the other thing I noticed on this paper was that Prima give you a little block of colours, along the cut off strip, that co-ordinate with the paper which I think is a great idea and can make it easier matching everything together.  I started the page by cutting around some of the leaves and bird nest so that would be able to pop over my picture.  I mounted the photo on some white cardstock and then used some prima stamps to stamp around the edge - to co-ordinate with the paper stamping around the edge, and inked it with tea dye distress ink and then ruffled the edges.  I then layered up the glitz papers that were in my pack and matched with the prima colour blocks, stitched and inked and ruffled them and used a cocktail stick to curl down the right hand corners.  Once I knew how large these pieces were I think carefully cut a chunk of the prima paper out so I could use the other side - the dotty yellow/brown piece and inked and ruffled that too.  I then spritzed using my broken china distress ink mix on to the prima paper - just a little bit of blue. 

The flowers are made from the glitz papers using the rose tutorial, and I added some leaves and rock candy stickles to them.  I also found a bird stamp which I coloured with some pro-markers and cut out, and punched a mini butterfly from some left over paper - then doodled the wings (loosely copying the prima ones) on to it.  I used some of my crate paper die cut sheet for the photo corner and the boys will be boys piece, and the brown envelope that came in the box hides my journalling.  For the envelope I used the crafty individuals woodgrain stamp - I cut a small rectangle for the mask and then stamped over the envelope and hand-wrote Notes on it.  I added a small tag and some seam binding.  The alphabet is glitz (came in my last grab box) - little bit of glossy accenting on the butterflies and here are some close ups :)




20 comments:

  1. Ooohhh! This is a very beautiful Layout! I love all of the the layers, and the stitching and the curls! Thanks so much for sharing! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super LO. Those PPs are fab and I love the roses (I really do need to make more embellies). Beautiful work.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Page and great photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! that is an amazing layout, such a lot of detail, and the roses are gorgeous.I find it quite hard to load my pages like this so enjoyed reading your description. karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has a lovely rustic feel, love the envelope texture and the blue butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the detail in this, really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a wonderful layout--the picutre is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the distressing and sewing. The papers really compliment the photo and theme...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty layout. Love the flowers and the distressing. It gives it that rustic look you were going for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous love all the distressing :) fantastic use of the grab box :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really rustic layout. I love the roses you have made-they compliment the layout so well even though it is a male themed layout - very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving all the layers as always hun, the photo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely, totally, 100% stunning

    ReplyDelete
  14. super layout - so much detail, the distressed layers and stitching are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots to love about your layout Kat... the roses, the butterflies and the bird. Another paper company that does the colour blocks along the cutoff strip is Girl's Paperie. *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful layout, absolutely stunning.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails