Monday 25 July 2011

3 LOs from a very HAPPY girl


I am soooooo HAPPY to say that I won the Scrapfactor competition over on Ukscrappers....never thought I would ever get this far and I am still wearing a very large smile :)  Thank you to everyone for all you encouraging comments and support on my blog - it has meant a lot to me and inspired me too :)  So here are my final 3 LOs - there is lots of detail over in the ukscrappers gallery and so I don't make this post toooo long I will spare you too many.  I made this mostly with crate paper papers, and behind the photo is another photo and some journalling.  It is all based around the fact that my DS loves to bring rocks home from the beach, and his first rock was too big to carry all the way back over the dunes, so we managed to persuade him with a photo of the large rock (as seen below) and a collection of crystal and fossilised rocks.  The stamps are a lovely crafty individual set - I made the fishing net out of string (still finding more uses for string in my LOs), the alphabet is Tim Holtz vintage market.






 My next LO is for my sister - I will frame it for her as this is my niece and it is a beautiful shot that she took of her.  I love butterflies so thought I could get away with lots on a girly LO, the flowers are the tim holtz rose ones - there are lots of tutorials and one on my sidebar which links you to Linda Elbourne.  The title is giggles and curls because we had recently been camping with her...and she has a mass of curly hair that I had been instructed to tame by my sister and every morning all you could hear was her and my DS giggling....still not sure what it was all about but they enjoyed themselves a lot.



 My 3rd LO is a very boy LO - I dry brushed white acrylic paint and did lots of bubble wrap printing.  I crinkled papers and stitched around them and added a subtitle - which is the bit that makes me smile about boys walking...the minute they see a small ditch or stream they have to go and jump over it several times...even if it is slightly out of their way :)



Below is a peak at a flower that I have made - it is a mixture of lots of bits and pieces I have picked up in my flower making and the LO and a tutorial that shows you how to make the flowers is over on the scraprat blog.

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations, very well deserved. Loved all your layouts and BTP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Sutty! You really deserve it! You showed us lots of great work over the last weeks! Can't wait for your layout classes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Sutty! Im so pleased for you & I've loved looking at your work :))
    Heather xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge congratulations to you. Your work has been so inspirational ... Stunning really stunning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work throughout the contest was consistenly excellent and I'm delighted you won. Woo wooo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I can't spell!!!! Can't wait for your class, Sutty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Katherine, such a well deserved win and these three LO's are fab too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very well done - you have produced some amazing stuff over the course of the scrapfactor event.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Such amazingly beautiful layouts... really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done you deserve to won when you have as much talent as you. Love your lo with the multicoloured butterflies, it's fab.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well done you really did deserve this

    My Blog is now HERE

    ReplyDelete
  13. Huge congratulations Sutty :) Sorry it has taken me so long to get over here!! Love the flowers, layers, elements, they're all brilliant pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. *CONGRATULATIONS* Kat. Your layouts are beautiful and they are evidence that you are a clear winner. *Ü* You have put a lot of work, time and effort into your projects. Well done. I'm not sure which is my favourite! All of them for different reasons. *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations - I have loved every single layout that you produced for the contest. It must have been hard work producing so many creative layouts, but each one was inspirational and packed full of techniques. You should be very proud of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just arrived home from holiday to see you won scrapfactor - *huge congratulations* - great news!! Now you can relax and enjoy the summer holidays xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!! Your pages throughout the competition have been absolutely beautiful. :)

    Can you please email me (shimelle at gmail dot com) as I have part of your ScrapFactor prize but don't see a link to email you. :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails