Tuesday 3 May 2011

You are my Sunshine




I've been enjoying the sunshine...we a quick camping holiday, can't believe how beautiful it has been :)  Here is my LO from last weeks scrapfactor challenge.  It had to be based on an advert, so mine is based on this advert for some sinks :)  I used quite a lot of different papers for this - some My Little Shoebox, October Afternoon, American Crafts and Jillibean soup.  I watered down some acrylic paint to make the splattered effect and stitched and distressed all the papers.  The hot air balloons are die cut circles folded and then stitched down the middle, I made the baskets out of corrugate cardboard and added some ribbon. It is a photo from a visit to Knebworth House - the slides were great and this is one of my favourite shots (courtesy of my DH).  So here is the advert and some close ups.





 This weeks theme on ukscrappers is to use song lyrics and here is a sneak peak - I found another flower tutorial courtesy of scrap a little and Lisa - so pop over and have a look at all the lovely creations in the week 3 gallery

12 comments:

  1. Awesome LO Kat! I love all the texture and the 3D balloons. Love the way you've used the ad as inspiration too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title work and rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love everything about this. The colours, texture, cute 3d balloon. Wonderfull.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rainbow & balloons! The layers & texture on this layout are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing - those little air balloons are genius! Stitching too (big smiles)... and who'd guessed the idea came from an advert for sinks?!? Your layout is inspired! AND inspiring. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super vibrant layout - i love it all especially the balloon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This layout is SO awesome! Thanks so much for sharing your rainbow! It is TOTALLY Fabulous!!! (Love the little baloon too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely fun colours - great LO

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous, love everything about it:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails