Friday 8 April 2011

You and Me - Pencil Lines sketch


This is my 1st go at one of the pencil line sketches and this is number 232.  I have a few old shots of me that were left over from albums I have done for my parents.  So this is one of my Dads pictures of me and my Mum.  I need to show it to her to find out when it was taken and where we were and I have some hidden journalling behind the photo that I can fill up with all the details.  The papers I have used are Cosmo Cricket Togetherness, all on some bazzill kraft.  The title is made with American Thickers, and you can see the martha stewart doily lace punch - I just got it....I have been umming over it for a while, don't know why I waited so long :).  The rose ribbon is part of a headband and the stamp shape backing paper behing the photo I made using a fair bit of measuring and my large flower punch (a circle punch would have been ideal for that).  The roses are made using a quilling technique I made a few flowers, but really wanted roses...even had a go at oragami...but these were the best.  I cut out leaves and added some prima crystals.  The butterflies are martha stewart, I have layered the monarch butterfly with the smaller one.  Here are the close ups.


quilled paper roses


stamp edging made using a large flower punch

21 comments:

  1. that is really gorgeous, love the paint splash touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful layout - my favourite of yours yet! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout, I absolutely love it! Those roses are fabulous :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely fab layout. Thanks for the instructions. I would love to try your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful embellishments xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful LO, Sutty!!! love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah hun this is gorgeous - beautiful beautiful layout! Hope you're having a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. simply gorgeous, loving the paint, the bunting and those roses. Your mum will love it too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the sketch and the details, BRAVO !!! thanks for playing along with Pencil Lines

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful LO and what a super photo to have. Love your paper roses.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a pretty layout! I love the flowers! How did you make the frame for your photo??

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the quilled roses, they are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning and just the kick my mojo needed today, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous layout, love it.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just gorgeous! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning LO, I love the quilled roses and the checked leaves are just great.
    Jenny X

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are just so so talented ... a really beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous, can't believe I missed this on my blog catch ups. Lovely, just love it. Great colour choice, it works so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous LO Kat! I love the colours and everything is so pretty. The doily punch was one of the first MS punches I bought, but I'm still procrastinating over getting the butterfly one!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great layout ... love the ink splashes, the gems and the handmade flowers. Fab xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails