Thursday 10 February 2011

More flowers and a couple of butterflies



Having seen some of the beautiful flowers from CHA I decided to have a go at making some more the chiffon I found in poundland a while back.  I chose the colours to go with my LO, cut the chiffon into different size circles (you don't have to be too precise) then melted the edge, layered it up - there are 2 layers of each colour of chiffon - so 6 in all, and stitched a button through the middle.  More detailed instructions are here. I am then going to back them on some paper flowers....whilst there I also had a go at some 3d butterflies, a tip from my MIL where you punch out 3 and fold 2 of them in half and then stick the folded wings to the 3rd butterfly which push them up and make them 3D.....hope that makes some sense as it is hard to put it into words without any pics!!!  Here are some more pictures.



8 comments:

  1. I really love your chiffon flowers, they look so very delicate and beautiful,
    H xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fabulous ... I'm going to give those butterflies a go. Wow that is some bargain you got at poundland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought some of that chiffon yesterday and had no idea what to do with it.Now I know I'll be making flowers-they're lovely!The butterflies are gorgeous-I'll be trying that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hand made embellishments - it is so satisfying to make something that is exactly the right size, shape and colour for your projects. Think I will have a go at the chiffon flower - love that! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are gorgeous, I look forward to seeing your finished layout. I find it very satisfying to make my own embellies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty flowers and they look so easy to make. Love the butterflies too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails