Tuesday 7 December 2010

Grunge paper rose brooches

I have finally got round to trying out my grunge paper, and it works really well :)  These are tree presents for some of the ladies in my family - I used the TH tattered flowers and leaves dies for this, used a spritzer with distress ink and perfect pearls in to colour the grunge paper (I had to mix the yellow and blue for the green leaves but it worked ok).  I then stamped a texty stamp on all the components and inked around the edges of the flowers and leaves.  I used the rose technique, where you cut one slit and then put 2 leaves on top of each other, I did this for all three different sized flowers to make them 3d, I used PVA to stick them together.  Then I curled the petals and leaves, and used a glue gun to stick all the layers together.   I did stitch the centre beads of one of the brooches, but then realised that the glue gun held them just as well so glued the others.  The last step was to add some rocky candy for a bit of shimmer and to add a safety pin to the back.  Here are some close ups


3 comments:

  1. Ooh very pretty! I love handmade paper flowers, and these are super. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love em, I havne't used grunge paper yet but may have to buy some now i've seen these, they are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails