Thursday 7 October 2010

Bobbing Along



I thought the October Afternoon summer range would be perfect for some of our holiday snaps.   So here is my DH taking my DS and DN out in the dinghy.  I had a go at a mixture of techniques with this LO, I have been wanting to find some paper to do the paper curling technique, and the wave one lends itself to this as it is stripey on the back...I added the an offcut of the stripey side of the paper to extend and emphasise the stripes some more.  I also had a go at making some of the fan flowers, and had a go at making them Tim Holtzish by cutting one edge with my deckle edge scissors (I am still trying to use them rather than let them catch dust :)).  Used my favourite MS double loop punch, stamped a title and cut out the flag banner from the OA papers, added journalling and a tag, and here are the close ups.  I took some photos of the flowers as I was creating them so I can put a little tutorial on here too, but there are lots about on the web anyway.


I used a cocktail stick to make the curls, and tried to keep them uneven


Some close ups of the fan flowers with the deckle edge

4 comments:

  1. oohhhh I just love this layout, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could do with some of that wavy paper for my holiday snaps!! its perfect for your layout. Love all the elements you've used the fan flowers,the bunting and the ms punch....gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this LO - the papers are gorgeous and I LOVE the bunting - a different shape to what we normally see!
    the curls are like the waves and the flowers turned out really well - mine are usually a bit messy and dont hold very well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW your LO is stunning!!! I love how you have made all of your embelishments x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails