Saturday 11 September 2010

Kite Flying


I picked up some large die cut papers and thought this cloudy shaped one was perfect for my kite flying photos. The papers is crate paper, the bird houses are from jillibean cabbage soup, and the other papers are october afternoon and cosmo cricket. I put some hidden journalling behind the photo - I am a really bad journaller so included more details hear, I made some more windmills, and then cut a couple of different papers up to make the kites, and put 2 of the triangles of the kite on foam to make it more 3d. I then stitched the tails, and the 1st three I tied some thin ribbon around the stitches to try and make it look authentic :) Again I used my MS double loop punch - love that one, and a Tim Holtz ticked, there is a little bit of inking in there too. I tried to keep the page fun - it is the 1st time we have flown our dragon kite and to my surprise it worked really well.











6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous lo :) Love the little kites. Hope you don't mind but I have saved this for inspiration later :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful layout, love the windmills and birdboxes...gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colours you have put together for this fun layout. The kites are just fab as are the birdy houses.Great work TFS XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is stunning, great idea to use the birdhouses as beach huts :D
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, fantastic LO Kat! I love the kites, the pinwheels and the beach huts are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fab LO! Love the little kites they are great. A bit of news for you too, you might like to pop over to Sarah's Cards blog :)
    Rachael
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails