Tuesday 7 September 2010

Jumping Waves

My 1st blog in ages, we did have a very long and lovely holiday in France for the whole of August so it feels like ages since I have scrapped....so to get me going I decided to have a go at the Sarahs cards challenge to create a summer LO and use some distressing. The papers I have used are October Afternoon - Fly a Kite - just love all the colours. I distressed most of the edges of the papers. I used a Martha Stewart Fan punch to create the fan edge, and inked the orange paper with red distress ink to make it feel more summery and hot, I did a crumpled paper band by damping then folding the paper, popped some wool on the top and stamped out the 1st part of my title. I also had at these little circle flowers, a tutorial is on the sarahs cards site . The last part was to add some Faux stitching - this is a shot of my DS and one of his good friends having a go surfing on a body board and jumping waves, the shot was in May so the water was still to cold for most adults to go near but they loved it.

Hope you all had nice summer breaks, I'll post more often now :) Here are the close ups.












14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page :) thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely LO, love how you made the flowers. Makes me wish we could have summer all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I really like how you have used the border punch and those flowers look really good. Thanks for taking part in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh i love this...just super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat. Beautiful layout. I love what you have done with the MS Daisy fan punch. I have just bought one myself and have been having a play with it before I chop my precious Bazzill! *Ü*
    TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful LO and love those flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous LO. Love the shiny letters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this page Kat! So many great techniques you've used. Love those flowers too. Welcome back to blog land!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see you back hun. Love the LO. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout - love the paper folding and the flowers, they are all really effective on the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous lo, there loads of details
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous summer page - love the flowers. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally stunning page - I have those wee little buttons stashed away in a drawer, and never really knew how to use them - you've done so brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Kat, just wanted to congratulate you on winning the Sarah's Cards Challenge. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails