Tuesday 28 September 2010

Hanging Out


This one of our photos from earlier in the year when we went to visit Port Lympne animal park....so not shots of the animals or the jeep safari we went on, just one of my DS on the monkey bars :).  I used My Minds Eye little boy blue papers, and inked with the lovely walnut stain distress ink.  I quickly soaked a piece of paper under the tap and made a crumpled paper ribbon, then used a technique from Gabriella on the Bo Bunny blog to make all the water distressed flowers.  I used the My Minds Eye paper and them also some chocolate box co-ordinations which I sanded then soaked - I inked the other paper, layered them up and stickled them.  I only have a couple of flower punches which don't really look like the ones in the tutorial so I just used the deckle edge scissor technique she suggests.  They were great fun, I ended up soaking them a little under the tap as where is an empty mister when you want one :)  The rest of the flowers are from a prima pack, the pearls are liquid pearls I dabbed around, and the alphabet is a papermania one.  Here are some close ups.....






9 comments:

  1. Very pretty flowers, must have a look at that blog. Love the blue with choc brown as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those flowers are gorgeous! Great layout too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE The flowers - they are absolutley fantastic and I cant wait to get home tonight to give it a try - they look incredibly professionL! Thanks for sharing that tip!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo yummm that is a fabulous lo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful layout, love the little ripe at the top, the crumpled frill and the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. really gorgeous ... do I dare click on the link to see the blog LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome LO Kat. I love the colours and how you've managed to work in some flowers on a masculine LO. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous LO, love the title and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing layout! I love making paper flower embellishments too, but have never seen water crumpled ones before. They are just lovely, and I will definitely have a go. karen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails