Friday 17 September 2010

Glass Flowers

Finally after getting my melt pot I decided to have a go at the Papertrail blog tutorial on glass flowers by Laura.
I didn't manage to get a really even coating of UTEE with my melt pot but soon realised (after a few burnt fingers) that it was nearly impossible and didn't matter....all you need to do is heat it up with your heat gun afterwards (on the non stick and heat proof mat) and then put all the excess utee back in the pot to remelt. So once I got the hang I then made some MS butterflies.and on her suggestion also dunked the paper roses layer by layer (from the rose tutorial) in too. Now I just need to create a LO for them all :) It's a great tutorial so go have a look.





4 comments:

  1. Oh, I've seen this tutorial (laura is just the absolute best - I'm staying up to watch her UStream tonight)... your flowers are just gorgeous... If I go out and buy a melting pot, can I blame you for the cost if my Hubby finds out? *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Kat. I'm sure they'll get better and better with practice! At least you've used your Melt Pot. Mine is still in its packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like fun! I'll take a look at the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this technique...its so messy...but stunning! :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails