Friday 28 May 2010

Toothy Grin


I've been trying to work out what to do with this photo for a little while and thought that I would use it in the Sarahs Cards monthly challenge. The challenge is to use some paint, so I used acrylic paint for the border and the title. The papers are from DCWV green stack (still got lots left :)) and K and Co Wild Saffron - which the red frame is made from. I used my Martha Stewart double loop punch. The sparkly star came off a Christmas card, but the blue was just perfect :). I did quite a bit of doodling and edging with sound poundland markers to make the different elements stand out and keep the LO feeling fun. I like the photo as it is one of those moments in time we all go through where you end up with gaps and some enormous adult teeth and tiny baby teeth! There are some more close ups of some of the different elements below, thanks for stopping by.











10 comments:

  1. Looks really good Kat, really fun. I love the painted and doodled border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the border, the photo is really cool too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at the toothless twosome Kat! Cute layout.
    I have nominated you for a 'Beautiful Blogger' award. *Ü* Visit my blog to claim it. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby layout, the border and title are really effective. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab photos and a lovely layout. Love the papers you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! great painting! love the bright colours & what a great photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the photo :) and your layout really has done it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great LO Kat! Thanks for playing along x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great idea, love that painted border.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails