Friday 14 May 2010

More flowers - roses and Tim Holtz blooms


I tried to find my pdf for the roses that I made at the UKS cybercrop.....but couldn't so I have done a little tutorial. The class was by Pam Thorburn (Wombat).

You need a pencil, some tape, scissors and your paper, cut out a circle - for this one I used the inside of my double sided tape role...but you can make them any size.

Draw a swirl as below onto your circle


Then you need to cut along your lines

To create the rose you need to fold a crease down the middle of the swirl, I bend the sides of the strip over my finger and work my way around - dosen't need to be perfect.





Bend the edges of the swirl down until you get to the middle (circle) - this middle section will be the base for your rose





To get the rose you need to start rolling up the swirl starting from the outside, (you roll the swirl the other way).





The trickier bit - once you have got to the centre of the swirl (the part that is going to be the base for the rose) you need a couple of bits of tape/glue (I only put the glue/tape on at this part as if it is sticky before hand then rolling the rose becomes harder).










Once you have pealed of the tapes then stick the rose on to it, and you can adjust and trim of any bits and you should end up with this






It isn't the easiest flower to make, but I think it is really pretty and with practise it definately gets easier.
I also got a couple of new purchases this week, the Tim Holtz flower and butterfly dies, which are great. Here is a flower I made - I stamped up the paper with a script stamp, curled and inked the edges and popped a button in the middle.




I will post a butterfly too at some point by my youngest is doing stain glass windows in school and the butterfly wings look like that so, they had to take it in :)

6 comments:

  1. Fab tutorial,will have a go later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tutorial - I only hope I can "get it"! My challenge this weekend is to not only plant some realy flowers in the garden but also to make some out of paper, fabirc and anything else lying around. I have to have a go at this one!

    http://scrap-ology.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab tutorial I must try it alma xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tutorial - it's gorgeous, loving the Tim Holtz flower that you made from your new die as well - absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this Sutty. Like you I had the tut somewhere but cannot find it! *Ü* I'm marking this for future use. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tutorial, I have to try it! Love the TH flower too (trying to convince myself I don't need a sizzex!) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails