Tuesday 2 March 2010

House Challenge - Beach Buddies


This is my entry for the ukscrappers house challenge to scraplift and to do a layout involving friends. So the scraplift is from http://mycreativescrapbook.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1777. I used some costco papers (yellow) and DCWV cardstock, the rest is from the basic grey wisteria collection. I made a template to cut out the large shapes, inked and ruffled the edges and layered them up. Cut some smaller bits of paper and inked them - used weathered wood distress ink and a brown pad, then used the deep cut fan martha stewart punch for the purple paper edge and added some lace to the top. On ukscrappers there have tutorials about making organza flowers, these are made out of thule which does melt a lot quicker and crinkles more, but it is the same theory. Then bits of paper flowers I had in my stash. The chipboard is from a brenda pinnick set and the little letters from a K and Co kit - lots of inking and distressing and ruffling! I will try and get a link for the flowers on my side bar, and there is a link already on there for ruffled edges.

The photo is another beautiful one taken by my DH on on our holidays which we mostly spend with our friends pictured here on the beach with our kids and one of theirs. It is great to have friends that you get on really well on holiday with, and where your kids just disappear and play happily with theirs whilst you chat and relax!











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails